Thursday, October 10, 2013

i smell a rat

the current update is that training is going okay.  things have improved but it is hard work.  i am just going to give it my best as that is all i can ask of myself.  i feel guilt, disappointment and frustration for lost opportunities and the fact that i keep repeating the same mistakes.  but i have to just get over it and move on. scary to think it is only eight weeks away.

i am not a fan of facebook.  i like twitter as it is a great way of keeping in touch with people without being too in your face.  i started this blog because i thought it would be fun and a great way to track my journey.  i also thought it would be a great way for friends to keep track of what i was doing.  while it is available publicly on the internet world for all to see i dont tell everyone i know.  if i want people to know i will tell them and if i dont want people to know then there is a reason for that.  there is a difference between reading my blog because you are interested in me and what i am doing and reading it to either mock, laugh, spy or just be a sticky beak with no genuine interest in my life or triathlon journey.  and that is why some people are told and others are not.  it is quite intentional if you are not told.  why am i writing about this ?  i post to twitter whenever i post a new blog so anyone on twitter that follows me and my blog would know.  i recently discovered that someone on twitter who was following me was also only following two other people - both of whom are related to me.  the user name was sshhh @betternottell.  this tells me that the person knows that what they are doing is wrong.  spying on people via social media is pathetic and at the same level as those people who are trolls.  i dont know if they found this blog but if they have they now know that i know and they probably know that i have a fairly good idea who they are and that if i wanted you to follow me on twitter or facebook then you would have been invited and that if i wanted you reading this blog then i would have told you as well.

i dont want to hide this blog away but i have changed my twitter set-up.  i cant stop people being who they are.  spying or hiding your identity just supports why you were not told in the first place.

chow


No comments: